Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beginnings...

Today, to start with, I am sick. My eyes hurt, especially when I try to look in a different direction, my legs feel weak when I sit down, and I am freezing cold. This morning I woke up and, thinking it to be about 7:30 am, I decided to get up and read a book. Then I found out that it was actually 4:12 am. That, as you can imagine, was very disappointing. I lay in bed, shivering, until I fell asleep again, about 45 minutes later. It wasn't a good sleep, about 40 minutes. So now, here I am, wearing pajamas, a housecoat, a blanket, and drinking lemon tea. But that is not why I am here. I need your help, I can't decided which of the following stories I should continue with, what do you think?


Story #1, Chapter one

"Well, what do you guys think?"

Think? My dad tore me away from my friends, my school, and my home, and he had the audacity to ask me what I thought? But my dad looked so excited. I didn't want to burst his bubble.

"I love it!" my little sister, Rachel, squealed.

My older brother, David, just shrugged his shoulders. But I could see his was just trying to hide his excitement. He was just was enthusiastic about this as Rachel.

My mom's eyes shone. "It's beautiful! What do you think Sheray?"

"Not bad... for a country house," I replied, trying to find something good about it.

The house itself, I liked. It was huge, and I'd have two whole rooms all to myself.
But did we have to move half way across the country to get the house? And did the property have to have a barn? Now I'd be doing chores all the time.

My family ignored the sarcasm in my voice and happily began to unload the van.

"May I be excused from unpacking?" I asked. "I'd like to look around the town."

A strange look crossed my mother's face. "The closest town is about two miles away."

I felt like throwing up. "Are you kidding?"

My mother shook her head.

This is going to be the end of me!

I quickly calmed myself and reached for my bags. "Which rooms are going to be mine? I'd like to be alone for a while."

My mom nodded understandingly. "This way." She led me up two sets of stairs and down a long hallway. "These two rooms are yours. Have fun unpacking."

I snapped open my suitcase, dumped all my clothes on the floor, and took in my surroundings. The room was completely bare except for a queen sized bed in the corner, white lace drapes hung up by the windows, and a barnyard wallpaper. This is where I'm going to live for the next few years?

I carefully hung the few clothes I had up in the monstrosity of a closet and went into the second room that would be my own. It was completely bare. In this room I hung up the pictures I had brought with me and set up my desk with all my artwork.

Done! Now what?


Story #2, chapter one

I ran. I ran from them. When I say them, I referr the the guards at my father's palace that saw my trying to escape through a side door. I dared not stop to catch my breath for fear the footsteps behind me would catch up and take me back. I didn't want to go back, and no one could make me. I could hear them calling my name as it echoed through the woods.

"STAR!"

But I would not turn back. As I turned to see my pursuers, I tripped on a root and did not have the strength to get up. As I was about to give up in despair, I heard a different voice call my name. One that did not belong to my father's guards. I looked up into the most beautiful violet eyes I had ever seen.

"Follow me," the girl invited.

I did not have a choice. My pursuers were getting closer. I took the outstretched hand. The girl pulled me to my feet and began to run, dragging me with her. When she could not run any longer, she let go of my hand and sat down on the ground. I stared up at her. She had beautiful blond hair with a crown of braids atop her head. Her eyes scrutinized me carefully. I self consciously smoothed down my red hair, which had once had a ribbon keeping it out of my face. Now my hair hung freely in my face, covering up my green eyes.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Star," I murmured, unable to clear my mind.

"I'm Roselani. Now, tell me, what are you doing here?"

"I'm running away. And I am not going back."


Which one should I continue with? The first or second one? I'm inclined towards the first one.

-Book blogger

6 comments:

  1. I think I like the first one! It was very fun to read! So was the other one, but I think that you should go on with the first one.

    -Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope that you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I have never seen the movie, but so far the books are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to my world! I was SO sick yesterday, and today not much better. My legs feel like lead and I have bearly enough energy to blow my nose! Uhg.

    I like both, (Not much help though, right?) But I'll say...the first one!

    What movie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one. It sounds like a promising start to a story.

    I feel for you! I have been sick for the last 3 days! I really hope you get better soon!

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. actually sitting here on the couch, sick. i vote the first.

    ReplyDelete

If you've made it this far you're probably going to leave a comment, so thanks!