Friday, March 2, 2012

My family is leaving for a two week long missions trip next Friday. This time next week I will have been in the car for about... eight hours. It's a looooong drive. But I do prefer driving to flying.
So, I've been preparing for the long hours in the car. I've bought myself two books:

i've read one book by this author before. let's just say I saw the title, saw that it was on sale, and knew that i needed it. my sis wanted it so bad she offered to help pay.

an on-sale historical romance about an extraordinary violinist who has the first chair position in her orchestra. what could be better? :)

I wanted this book, but I couldn't afford it. Ah well...


I also bought this....

Tonight I may just be watching a musical called a Westside Story. Apparently it's really sad and all the characters die. But I want to watch it because my orchestra is performing it and it's a really boring and hard song, so I figure if I know the songs in context, I'll enjoy it more.

Have any of you seen it?

2 comments:

  1. How long is the car ride total? I love going on long multiple-day car trips.... ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra: I started watching the movie yesterday. It has the makings of being really sad. ;)

    Faith: So. Do. I. It will be about forty hours one way, forty hours the other. I can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you've made it this far you're probably going to leave a comment, so thanks!