Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Good Books.

The last book I read that I couldn't put down belonged to a series that I believe is called the Gallagher Girls. I don't like to read these kinds of books, but I thought I'd give them a try, after reading about them on Sierra's blog.



They don't contain a lot of romance (thankfully!!!) so the worst thing I would say about them is their tendency to use less than decent words ("bloody" and "oh my gosh").

 These books are by no means perfect. The romance is kept to flirting and one-or-no-kissing per book. It was all pretty innocent... the language really disappointed me, though.


While they were a bit on the confusing side, I think that's because I started in the middle of the series and ended with the first book. Considering the fact that Gallagher Girls is about an academy of girl spies, the violence was well done in that I didn't cringe even once. Nothing inappropriate in that area.

The titles of the books made me a bit, shall we say, standoff-ish, but don't judge a book by its cover. *cue next book cover*



I love the main character, Cammie "The Chameleon." She is known around her spy school for being an expert at not being seen. She can just fade away so that not even a teacher at the school can find her. But no one is supposed to know. So let's keep it on the hush-hush.


Speaking of which, everything about the Gallagher Girl's School is hush-hush.

There's something called the Gallagher Glare that every Gallagher Girl gets when they leave their school and walk the streets. See, people think that they are rich snobs, but that's just their cover. *Ssh... don't tell anyone I told you*

Cammie's aunt really bugs me. She's so full of herself and everyone feeds her self-absorbency because they think she really is awesome.

This series actually isn't done. There are still two more yet to come out.

Three books I'm looking forward to coming out soon...

I reviewed the first book in this series HERE
isn't that an absolutely GORGEOUS cover? and I just LOVE the word "Onyx"
watch the book trailer HERE. you seriously have to. it's probably the best trailer I've ever seen.
Books I'm planning on reading soon that are already out...


Any book recommendations for me, you guys? Have you read any of the above?

1 comment:

If you've made it this far you're probably going to leave a comment, so thanks!